What is the Vacant Foreclosure Registry?
On December 7, 2011, the City of Las Vegas City Council passed the Vacant Foreclosed Property Ordinance (Ordinance No. 6169) requiring the registration of vacant foreclosed properties to protect residential and commercial areas from blight resulting from the foreclosure crisis and un-maintained properties.
What is Required?
- Property inspection within 15 calendar days of filing a notice of default and election to sell.
- Property registration and designation of a property manager within 10 days of inspection.
- Posting of contact information for mortgagee and property manager of property.
- Properties must be kept free of nuisances of refuse, wastes, storage, and securing open structures.
- Maintain landscaping by watering, irrigation, cutting, pruning and mowing.
- Maintain pools and spas in working order, free of pollutants and debris or drained and kept dry.
- Pools and spas must comply with the minimum security requirements applicable to pools and spas within the City.